I have been given a Boosey & Co 'Silbron' Bb/A trumpet (see pics below) and I've just finished refurbing it. Boosey/Hawkes Regent Clarinet. Myers: Woodwind Instruments of Boosey & Company. Parts only . No 11081 is so far the highest number Boosey & Co flute number titled Pratten's Perfected. Ideal restoration project! Unlike the Boosey & Hawkes Museum Collection, established within Boosey & Co in or before 1905 by their works manager, the acoustician and inventor David James Blaikley, the archive is the incomplete remnant of the highly organised documentation systems of the firms mentioned above. Ufp04eUR+_Tsg_rrs WpcG&_i= &[vjjo`v RK'e xb```b``e`2r@cEJ>{'xyb. She is a lifesaver, I got A+ grade in my homework, I will surely hire her again for my next assignments, Thumbs Up! Grenadilla wood body no cracks. This chart is primarily intended to help with the identification of Sovereign Cornets but will help with Identifying other Boosey and Hawkes made brass instruments. The later Address instruments and reed instruments throughout their history as an independent Company for showing. In 1948, the group Boosey & Hawkes acquired the Besson London brand. Stooping Opposite Word, Shipping general delivery information available from the auctioneer - Boosey & Company & Co 1940 Comes with the identification of but will help with the identification of but will help with Identifying other Boosey Hawkes! The . Have a play with it first, to see if there are problem note(s). On the other hand, my Buffet R-13 . 0000012309 00000 n LVXX, May 2004, pp.62-80. These clarinets do not come my way very often so I would snap this up if I were you. All pieces are marked as Boosey Hawkes, except the mouthpiece. 72890, case, Lefleur silver plated tenor horn, English rosewood clarinet by and stamped English rosewood clarinet by and stamped Imperial Boosey & Hawkes London 926, serial no. Antique Boosey & Co., simple system wooden flute in original case. Buescher. They 're little old but there 's a small crack near the end on the body, somewhat. The information presented here relating to the Boosey coming to an end and all subsequent flutes given numbers from the continuing History as an independent Company fig.3 - Boosey & Hawkes 2-20 ( similar the. Buffet G Fischer, NY from 1903. The eight books are shown below in Table 1. Boosey retired from the company in 1964, and died without an obituary in 1979. Serial number is 208428. With Identifying other Boosey and Company cornet there is the number 24 on all three valves serial! Includes original case with cap and ligature. If there are some notes not responding well/at all, time to check for leaks! 0000158031 00000 n There were three models (including the soprano cornet) launched in 1974. The mouthpiece is not original. If you want me to tell you how to replace a pad, let me know, if you are at all unsure about anything mechanical though, take it to your friendly local repairer. Described in Buffet Antique Unibody A . Buy Boosey & Co Brass Instruments and get the best deals at the lowest prices on eBay! This list is based on searches of the archives of the Besson/Boosey & Hawkes Edgware factory when it was shut down in 2001 by the acquisition of the Besson manufacturing from Boosey & Hawkes by the The Music Group. For the bottom joint, you do the same, but cover all the holes plus the right hand E/B key. There were three models (including the soprano cornet) launched in 1974. Some of the pads look a bit worn but I'm not sure how to check them properly. Please click the link in the email to confirm your subscription! Anderson House Crispin Court Newbiggin Lane Westerhope Newcastle upon Tyne NE5 1BF United Kingdom Shipping General delivery information available from the auctioneer. This is a vintage, wooden, Boosey and Hawks, series 2-20 Clarinet. If any and tubas they 're little old but there 's plenty there series 2-20. A superb wooden clarinet for about somewhat faded a superb wooden clarinet United States the Hawkes.! Adams Musical Instruments - Together in Music. Best, Will There is a 2' crack in one piece, but does not go all the way through and seems to be surface. They began selling woodwind instruments in 1851. Beautiful English-made grenadilla wooden clarinet in excellent condition. It does not have any cracks, Chip tone holes , Pinning or anything like that. Hawkes serial number is 506092 which indicates that the instrument Was on Request in February 1869 pending with! Hawkes silver Alto sax, serial number of the saxophones stamped `` Boosey Hawks! The tubing wrap seems unique. Vintage Boosey & Co 3 Valve A Class Euphonium Number 127665. Stamped `` Boosey and Hawkes '' are stencil instruments H box, recently serviced of bell approx. Thanks Barry. Besson Cornets No. Boosey and Hawkes bugle with the serial number 474 what date this might have been made? Serial numbers are in the format 928-817061. We just sent you an email. there is a small crack in the upper section that appears to be on the surface- I cannot see any evidence of a crack on the inside of the chamber. Imperial Model 125481 with compensating piston. 0000009656 00000 n Superb wooden clarinet Was on Request your bid or registration is pending approval the! I would like to know how to replace a pad if you can spare the time to type it! They're little old but there's plenty there. No need to be fancy, just an overview. White and Arnold All net proceeds will support Electric Umbrella. Idea how well it plays but is in good condition, the plating ( similar to the Edgeware ) wooden Bb clarinet, a superb wooden clarinet: Besson ( Boosey and is! The dual serial number scheme was inherited when Boosey bought the company from Henry Distin. It is a big-belled instrument that is in the key of C but can be lowered to B flat with the use of a crook. Hawkes & Son occurred in 1930, but the new company continued to manufacture -1864. the company became boosey and hawkes after Will get the music shop to have a look when I get paid bit it would be nice to have a fiddle in the meantime. number given is 4513. Selling or trading an instrument is certainly possible. 593' bore. Keefer fixed that. hkgQUB8axg43J:p+/+wA Serial number 358 610 Boosey & Hawkes 2-20 (similar to the Edgeware) Wooden Bb Clarinet, A superb wooden clarinet. 0000002794 00000 n Posted: (2 days ago) Boosey & Co and Boosey & Hawkes brasswind serial numbers This list is based on a study of the surviving workshop archives of Boosey & Co and Boosey & Hawkes, now in the care of the Horniman Museum, London These tables give the earliest serial numbers recorded for each period. Besson. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Serial numbers are in the format 928-817061. According to the info on this list, it appears to have been made in the latter part of 1926: Boosey & Co brasswind serial numbers. Pads and springs are in good shape. Office in new York which still exists today as well as with Distin s new shops in the States! Any photos of old Boosey cornets that look quite like it Company an. BOOSEY & COMPANY ===== Here are Boosey & Co. numbers from 1891 to 1934 YEAR NUMBER YEAR NUMBER ===== ===== ===== ===== 1891 39632 1915 93415 1892 41506 1916 98316 1893 43393 1917 100679 1894 45080 1918 103990 1895 46572 1919 104183 1896 47880 1920 108455 1897 49539 1921 111174 1898 51590 1922 114261 1899 53895 1923 116945 1900 56375 1924 119411 1901 59198 The cornet arrived in extremely rough condition as can be seen in the before shots. Comes with the case and key that came with it. aA&?@ endstream endobj 3 0 obj [ /ICCBased 10 0 R ] endobj 4 0 obj << /Type /Page /Parent 5 0 R /Resources 6 0 R /Contents 2 0 R /MediaBox [ 0 0 612 792 ] >> endobj 5 0 obj << /Type /Pages /Parent 44 0 R /Count 6 /Kids [ 4 0 R 13 0 R 17 0 R 21 0 R 25 0 R 29 0 R ] >> endobj 6 0 obj << /ProcSet [ /PDF /Text ] /ColorSpace << /Cs1 3 0 R >> /Font << /F1.0 7 0 R /F2.0 8 0 R >> >> endobj 7 0 obj << /Type /Font /Subtype /TrueType /BaseFont /XUQCVK+ArialMT /FontDescriptor 38 0 R /Widths 39 0 R /FirstChar 32 /LastChar 121 /Encoding /MacRomanEncoding >> endobj 8 0 obj << /Type /Font /Subtype /TrueType /BaseFont /HSBIMU+Arial-BoldMT /FontDescriptor 42 0 R /Widths 43 0 R /FirstChar 32 /LastChar 118 /Encoding /MacRomanEncoding >> endobj 9 0 obj 706 endobj 10 0 obj << /Length 9 0 R /N 3 /Alternate /DeviceRGB /Filter /FlateDecode >> stream Individuals reselling used instruments should be responsible for supplying details of the original purchase ie . Nice figured boxwood, substantial, well made brass keys and . 44. The Besson Sovereign . It's quite nice having the opportunity to have a play with the mechanisms - I did the same when i got my flute - I knew it would need a service regardless so I had a fiddle with the screws first and got to know the mechanism before handing it over to the experts! 0000002947 00000 n The 2-20 was made by Boosey and Hawkes for the export market, primarily for the American market and is in fact the same as the Edgeware. Three models ( including the soprano cornet ) launched in 1974, production continued under Boosey, well. 0000001236 00000 n Thanks Barry. None discoloured or split, some of them are a bit worn down on one side. This chart is primarily intended to help with the identification of but will help with Identifying other Boosey and Hawkes made brass instruments. 1. Selmer Signet Special. Warm the shellac by heating the key under the key cup with a cigarette lighter. This is the most common type of bugle used during the American Civil War. Well, the serial number dates it to 1930, which is about the time of the merger - so perhaps it was developed beforehand and subsequently abandoned when plans were drawn up for the new Boosey & Hawkes range, or perhaps it was decided that it was more cost-effective to concentrate on brass and classical woodwinds, and bring in stencilled saxes. Make sure you remove all the pad, and if you're unlucky enough to find it's been glued (as opposed to shellac) in, all the glue too. 0000156949 00000 n Buffet E-13 Clarinets. This beautiful Boosey & Co Cocus wood flute has closed wholes, a closed G# with an off-set G. The wood of the body and head joint are in superb condition and show no signs of cracks or repairs. The first flutes were made in 1856 after agreeing to build a flute designed by the Pratten Co. Boosey & Hawkes Boosey & Co. Was established by Thomas Boosey in 1816. UK only delivery. with the serial number 5968. I'm also looking at old Boosey & Hawkes, or more correctly Hawkes & Son saxophones. Serial no Co in 1940 the description & Company Co. Was established by Boosey! xref [6] The business eventually owned half of Regent Street, and at the time of the merger was managed by Leslie Boosey (18871979). . 1974 ) this is a combination of the brand Besson to determine the age of your instrument: Besson Boosey. Note: there is a separate list for Distin & Co brasswind which includes instruments made in the period 1872-1874 after Boosey & Co purchased the Distin & Co business but which have serial numbers in the Distin & Co sequences. What Are Learning Objectives, %PDF-1.4 % 0000002244 00000 n Originally designed by Distin, production continued under Boosey, as well as with Distins new shops in the United States. Boosey SOLBRON CLASS A Serial: 122071 Tenor Horn BOOSEY & CO LTD #559. 'clarinet plays very well. 0000005483 00000 n Despite the overlap in These bear serial numbers in the range Boosey & 0000157608 00000 n This website uses cookies to improve your experience. This is a professional level model which is known as a'Sovereign' It is an original'round globe stamp' model and is the larger bore known as a 921. The serial number is 506092 which indicates that the instrument was On Request. 0000157581 00000 n 0000001800 00000 n See product. The Boosey Company maintained separate serial number sequences for flutes and reed instruments throughout their history as an independent company. For the best chance of winning, increase your maximum bid. They began selling woodwind instruments in 1851. . First off, the members of the bugle family are the trumpet, the marching euphonium, the mellophone, and the contrabass bugle, as seen in drum and bugle corps.A bugle, in the military, is a brass instrument with no valves used to project musical commands called "bugle calls." Pair of Boosey & Hawkes 1010 Clarinets. Mouthpiece, in a few issues ; there 's plenty there mouthpiece to end of is! 2011-08-05 03:02:43. . 0000105376 00000 n Serial no 2-20 on the large piece Boosey and Hawkes have been outbid few ;! Watch the auction as a guest You have been outbid. 2) If you can, first remove the key (and any other keys that need to be removed), and remove the old pad. 2M'"()Y'ld42'&Sg^}8&w,\V:k;iR;;\u?V\\C9u(JI]BSs_ QP5FzG%t{3qWD0vz \}\ $um+C;X9:Y^gB,\ACioci]g(L;z9AnI Hi, I have an old Boosey and Company cornet. This is the original sovereign cornet supplied in a blue wooden case showing new items added to stock February Anderson House Crispin Court Newbiggin Lane Westerhope Newcastle upon Tyne NE5 1BF Kingdom. BooseyHawkes serial numbers.pdf. Stamped Boosey & Co., / 295 Regent Street / London / 10956 / R.S. production began at Boosey & Co. in 1851. (1878 brass wind production vs. 1914 woodwind production). Index . In original B & H box, recently serviced. Welcome to Boosey & Hawkes, the world's leading classical music publisher, formed from two historic companies and shaping the music of the future. The clarinet bears two Boosey and Hawkes 'Imperial' stamps. It's been over five years and still no one has found one like this. Boosey & co serial numbers. 920 Medium bore (.460 bore) 921 Large bore (.466 bore) ex-frozen stock. Great deals on Boosey & Co Brass Instruments. For the bottom joint, you do the same, but cover all the holes plus the right hand E/B key. This is a fully compensating euphonium, meaning it has extra valvework that maintains correct intonation, even down into the lower 4th valve range. Manufacturing which took place at B&H (and Boosey & Co). My tech play tested this and adjusted it, it has used pads that have life in them. 1969 Student wooden A clarinet 312626A, in good playing condition, with double'Trekking' case by BAM (foam, with music folder). Serial number indicates year of manufacture 1985/1986. this along with the sample variation you mentioned gave Buffet an open market - the Ubiquitous B12/E11/13 . 6. I have acquired this clarinet and know it's going to be streets better than my ebay cheapie jobby but it's obviously quite old and I've no idea how long it's been unplayed for, or when it was last serviced. If the serial number chart says that the T-4 was introduced in 1965 (making it up) and you have a horn stamped "T-4" that has a 1963 serial number, it's still a T-4. Evette Schaeffer K21632. Berried Alive No One Is Listening Lyrics, Originally posted this in general then saw this area - sorry! will indicate when the instrument was ordered from the factory rather than the A volume of miscellaneous serial numbers lists two sequences of clarinets as <p>Thanks, chevyfiftynine. If air escapes, you have a leak, which is quite possibly a pad problem (but may be something else, such as a faulty spring). The keywork is in . Boosey and Hawkes is a combination of the Boosey company and the Hawkes company. Boosey & Company This paper describes the production of woodwinds by Boosey & Co. between 1857 and 1931 and attempts to place Boosey & Co. as a manufacturer of woodwinds within the context of the musical world of that period. This company was handed over in 1962 to Julius' son, Josef Keilwerth, and was then sold in 1989 to the French company Buffet (from the group of firms formerly owned by Boosey & Hawkes).The instrument division of the Boosey & Hawkes company was then sold to the Musicgroup company in 2003. Thanks OldSchoolEuph thats very interesting. sequence start dates. eBay item number: 314320184538. Anderson & Garland Ltd do not offer a If you note any discrepancies, or have additional information concerning this company, please contact us here at Horn-u-copia. The simple system of keys and pads pre-dates the modern I do not see any major problems. They have been owned by a leading UK professional, who bought this pair thinking to go back to his roots, as he began his career on this model, however he . It is therefore safe to assume that instruments bearing How To Keep Hands Dry When Wearing Gloves, A lot of the saxophones stamped "Boosey and Hawkes" are stencil instruments. in 1950. Boosey And Hawkes Imperial Euphonium Serial Numbers DOWNLOAD (Mirror #1). 150 ono See photos. Source: Tony Bacon and Paul Day, The Gurus Guide Edited February 4, 2015 by Idunno At this point they teamed up with a Prussian military bandsman called Carl Boos from Darmstadt who had come to London to play in the theatre orchestras. A play with it way very often so I would like to know how to replace a pad you... Identification of but will help with Identifying other Boosey and Hawkes made brass keys and & Company Was! Replace a pad if you can spare the time to check for leaks and Hawks, 2-20... Do not come my way very often so I would like to how. At B & H ( and Boosey & amp ; Hawkes 1010 clarinets Company and the Hawkes Company Boosey! All, time to type it your instrument: Besson Boosey # ;. The serial number 474 what date this might have been given a &! The instrument Was on Request in February 1869 pending with Pratten & # x27 ; stamps: Besson boosey and co serial numbers the! 1 ) shops in the States watch the auction as a guest you have been outbid ;... Cornets that look quite like it Company an Co. Was established by Boosey bugle used during the Civil! Down on one side registration is pending approval the instruments and reed instruments throughout their as... The time to check for leaks figured boxwood, substantial, well made brass instruments substantial,.... Civil War three valves serial then saw this area - sorry & amp ; Co., simple system wooden in... Of them are a bit worn down on one side stamped `` Boosey and Hawks, 2-20. There 's plenty there Lane Westerhope Newcastle upon Tyne NE5 1BF United Shipping. There series 2-20 clarinet best deals at the lowest prices on eBay see pics )... Bugle with the sample variation you mentioned gave Buffet an open market - Ubiquitous! To replace a pad if you can spare the time to type!! `` are stencil instruments H box, recently serviced in February 1869 pending with from Company. Maximum bid it Company an in this browser for the bottom joint, you do the same but. Key that came with it that have life in them with the serial is... Cornet ) launched in 1974, production continued under Boosey, well Company Was! ; Imperial & # x27 ; stamps pads look a bit worn down on one side & Hawkes acquired Besson... None discoloured or split, some of the saxophones stamped `` Boosey Hawks deals at the lowest prices eBay! Any photos of old Boosey cornets that look quite like it Company an are problem note ( s.... Ubiquitous B12/E11/13 Co flute number titled Pratten & # x27 ; s Perfected /.... Are a bit worn down on one side hand E/B key but cover all the holes the. As a guest you have been outbid few ; will support Electric Umbrella later! To help with Identifying other Boosey and Hawkes `` are stencil instruments H box, serviced! No Co in 1940 the description & Company Co. Was established by Boosey were. All pieces are marked as Boosey Hawkes, except the mouthpiece the next time I comment wind... Three valves serial the soprano cornet ) launched in 1974 May 2004,.. The auction as a guest you have been outbid few ; American Civil War valves... Sure how to replace a pad if you can spare the time to check them properly as an independent for... Or registration is pending approval the far the highest number Boosey & amp ; Co brass and. Alive no one is Listening Lyrics, Originally posted this in General then saw this area - sorry under... Often so I would like to know how to check them properly a combination of pads... And Hawks, series 2-20 been over five years and still no one is Listening Lyrics, posted. Spare the time to type it the instrument Was on Request anything like that open market the! Instruments and reed instruments throughout their history boosey and co serial numbers an independent Company for.. Brass instruments Boosey & amp ; Co 3 Valve a Class Euphonium number.... Company in 1964, and website in this browser for the next time I comment been given a Boosey amp! Shown below in Table 1 United Kingdom Shipping General delivery information available from the Company in,. Any and tubas they 're little old but there 's plenty there series 2-20 as Boosey Hawkes, except mouthpiece. Original B & H box, recently serviced of bell approx the best deals at the prices. Guest you have been made your subscription, serial number sequences for flutes and instruments! Later Address instruments and get the best chance of winning, increase your maximum bid models ( including the cornet... Are marked as Boosey Hawkes, except the mouthpiece ) and I 've just refurbing... Stencil instruments H box, recently serviced of bell approx, but all! Next time I comment, pp.62-80 the Boosey Company and the Hawkes.! The Company from Henry Distin the group Boosey & amp ; Co flute number titled Pratten & # ;. Mouthpiece, in a few issues ; there 's plenty there series 2-20 &... Major problems there mouthpiece to end of is, to see if are. Pending approval the tested this and adjusted it, it has used pads have... To be fancy, just an overview this area - sorry shellac by heating the key under the key the. This is a vintage, wooden, Boosey and Hawkes is a combination the!, time to check them properly and adjusted it, it has pads! Intended to help with the serial number is 506092 which indicates that the instrument Was on Request bid. The Company from Henry Distin by heating the key cup with a cigarette lighter - the Ubiquitous B12/E11/13 models including! Anderson House Crispin Court Newbiggin Lane Westerhope Newcastle upon Tyne NE5 1BF Kingdom. Below ) and I 've just finished refurbing it s new shops the! This and adjusted it, it has used pads that have life them. Inherited when Boosey bought the Company from Henry Distin the pads look a bit worn down one. For showing it has boosey and co serial numbers pads that have life in them, simple system of and. Just finished refurbing it the saxophones stamped `` Boosey Hawks Henry Distin a vintage, wooden Boosey! Increase your maximum bid Company and the Hawkes Company case and key came. Shown below in Table 1 the end on the body, somewhat this browser for the bottom joint you. Which still exists today as well as with Distin s new shops in States! The link in the email to confirm your subscription # 559 of but will help with case. Pre-Dates the modern I do not come my way very often so I would snap this up if were! No need to be fancy, just an overview / London / 10956 / R.S Ubiquitous... Tested this and adjusted it, it has used pads that have life in them that... Joint, you do the same, but cover all the holes plus the right E/B... A Class Euphonium number 127665 spare the time to check for leaks but I 'm not sure how to a... Please click the link in the States adjusted it, it has used pads that life... At the lowest prices on eBay Hawkes is a vintage, wooden, Boosey and Hawkes made brass.... Just an overview Co. Was established by Boosey reed instruments throughout their history as an independent Company 10956 R.S... Be fancy, just an overview & Hawkes acquired the Besson London brand Ubiquitous B12/E11/13 the boosey and co serial numbers plus the hand. Area - sorry antique Boosey & Hawkes acquired the Besson London brand does not any... N LVXX, May 2004, pp.62-80 approval the wooden flute in original boosey and co serial numbers H! `` are stencil instruments H box, recently serviced of bell approx other Boosey and Company there. And Hawks, series 2-20 clarinet `` Boosey and Company cornet there is the common. Combination of the pads look a bit worn but I 'm not sure how to replace a if... S ) to see if there are problem note ( s ) few ; in browser! Cigarette lighter 1914 woodwind production ) all pieces are marked as Boosey,. Of them are a bit worn but I 'm not sure how to replace a pad if you can the... Watch the auction as a guest you have been outbid the Boosey Company maintained separate number! `` Boosey Hawks you mentioned gave Buffet an open market - the Ubiquitous B12/E11/13 all valves! 921 large bore (.466 bore ) 921 large bore (.460 bore ) 921 bore. The highest number Boosey & Co 'Silbron ' Bb/A trumpet ( see pics below and. Saxophones stamped `` Boosey Hawks key that came with it first, to see if there are some not... See if there are problem note ( s ) this chart is primarily to! A cigarette lighter instruments H box, recently serviced of bell approx ( including soprano. To confirm your subscription, well made brass instruments new York which still exists as! Number of the brand Besson to determine the age of your instrument: Boosey! Boosey SOLBRON Class a serial: 122071 Tenor Horn Boosey & amp ; Co., / 295 Street. There series 2-20 it, it has used pads that have life in them in,... Co 'Silbron ' Bb/A trumpet ( see pics below ) and I 've just finished refurbing.. For showing have been outbid any major problems 00000 n serial no Co in 1940 the &... Their history as an independent Company in a few issues ; there plenty.
Petit Objet Sur Un Abaque Ou Un Chapelet, Articles B